Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Election Junkie

I'm a total election junkie. I'm reloading CNN incessantly, flipping back and forth between news channels, refreshing all of my political blogs on NetNewsWire. I'm hopeful that my choices win, but even if they don't, I think it is one of the great nights of the year.

When I was in high school, I was hired during the 1994 election by my Sociology teacher Mr. Makris to collect election results from my local ward, which were then passed on to the national media. I think it payed $20 for about 10 minutes of work. Ever since then, I've whenever I see election results I think of the thousands of high school kids hanging out at every precinct in America waiting to collect numbers. Just thought I would pass on a little bit of election trivia you may or may not know about.

No comments: