Thursday, March 10, 2005

This NY Times article perfectly describes a problem I've had ever since I started using a cell phone - I can't remember phone numbers. It took me so long to memorize my new home phone number in Lebanon because the only time I'd ever call it was from my cell phone where I had dutifully programmed it in. I'd like to say that removing phone numbers from my brain has opened it up to a whole world of grad school facts and figures, but instead I think it's being filled with reality TV contestants. Oh Amanda Avila, we hardly knew ye!

4 comments:

Jake said...

Dan, are you an honorary at-home member of the Dawg Pound? I know I am.

(I can't comment on the rest of your post because I don't even know how to turn a cell phone on, let alone program anything into one.)

Dan said...

Yes, whenever the big Dawg calls out to his homies, I am barking along with them.

Anonymous said...

at the gym the other day i needed to give them an emergency number in case i died in spinning class. i couldn't think of a single phone number.

Adam said...

I cancelled my Cingular account when we moved to NH, but I still have to look up phone numbers on the cell phone. My cell phone is now an expensive address book.