Sunday, February 05, 2006

Super Bowl

I'm having a hard time getting into this Super Bowl. I guess 3 out of the last 4 years with my team in it has spoiled me. And the commercials will never be as good as they were in the dot.com heyday. But I do have one question - what ever happened to the superstition where players wouldn't dare touch the trophy before they actually won it? Every one of those promos would be making me cringe if I cared about either team in the slightest. Somehow I think the Pats would be having no part of that.

And how bad were the Rolling Stones? You'd think after 70 years of playing Satisfaction they might know how to tune their guitars.

Ann and I finally got back into brewing this weekend after a long hiatus (one that mostly coincided with Sadie's first year). We brewed an IPA, and the time it took to get things boiling made me realize that I definitely need to get a turkey fryer. We used some locally grown Cascade hops (an oxymoron, maybe) for aroma, so it will be interesting to see how it turns out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We bought a turkey fryer and made turkey on New Years. It was so delicious and quickly disappeared at our potluck. We're planning on doing lobster boils in the summer with it. Bottom line, turkey fryer = total goodness.