Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Conservative Catholics want Sony to change the plot of the Da Vinci Code to make it less sacreligious - removing Opus Dei as the main villain, and eliminating the assertion that Jesus and Mary Magdalene had a child. Now, I know The Da Vinci Code is no great piece of literature, and I have no idea if any of the claims in the book are actually true, but Sony would be stupid to dramatically alter key plot details of the best selling novel of all time. This would be a mistake of New Coke proportions.

5 comments:

Jake said...

Can you believe I haven't read that book yet? I've had it on my night stand for over a year.

Dan said...

I thought everyone in America had read it by now. It isn't that good, but you kind of have to read it - it's like seeing Titanic. It's a quick read and a pretty interesting story.

Anonymous said...

have you tasted coke zero? good stuff.

check out the taste test ryan and i conducted.

http://ry4an.org/unblog/UnBlog/2005-07-12

Dan said...

That's a great looking taste test - very scientific!

I have had Coke Zero - pretty good, but I'm not sure what it is trying to be? Who is the demographic? Men who are embarassed to have the word diet of their soda?

My favorite is C2 - it really tastes like Coke (at the expense of 70 more calories than any of the diet varieties). Diet Coke with Splenda was a disappointment. I thought it would taste more like Coke.

Anonymous said...

i think the point of coke zero is that in the past 20 years they've learned how to use aspartame or whatever it is much better. so this is their way of phasing in a new "diet coke" without the new coke fiasco.

c2 is my favorite too, but only when i'm in the mood for "coke as dessert" versus something to accompany a meal.