Monday, July 20, 2009

"We choose to go to the moon..."

"...we choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too." - JFK

Here is my 40th anniversary of the moon landing playlist I whipped up this morning. My iTunes library is sadly lacking "Rocket Man" or it would definitely be on there.



#NameArtist
1.Space OddityDavid Bowie
2.Mars Needs Women: Space Is A Lonely PlaceBéla Fleck & The Flecktones
3.Space Travel Is BoringModest Mouse
4.Harvest MoonNeil Young
5.I Wish I Was The MoonNeko Case
6.Pink MoonNick Drake
7.The Killing MoonPavement
8.Waiting for the Moon to RiseBelle & Sebastian
9.Bad Moon RisingCreedence Clearwater Revival
10.No MoonBrad Mehldau Trio
11.MoonshinerUncle Tupelo
12.Little MoonRyan Adams
13.Sail To The Moon (Brush The Cobwebs Of The Sky)Radiohead
14.White MoonThe White Stripes
15.More Like the MoonWilco
16.Moonrock MamboYo La Tengo
17.Surfing On A RocketAir
18.Silver RocketSonic Youth
19.Porch SongWidespread Panic
20.Puttin' People On the MoonDrive-By Truckers
21.Brain Damage - EclipsePink Floyd

1 comment:

Lolly said...

I think you are lacking "Spirit in the Sky" by Norman Greenbaum. It seems like every movie with NASA in it uses that song.

Going on the movie theme, I would also add:

"Space Cowboy" by 'N Sync (from the classic film of the same name)

"I don't want to miss a thing" by Aerosmith.

Also, I'm totally shocked you don't have "Rocket Man" in you itunes library.