Monday, April 17, 2006

Indie Rock + Playstation Baseball?

When I first heard about this, I thought it was a joke, but it isn't: the new Playstation game MLB 2K6 has an all-indie rock soundtrack. Actually, it's an all-Matador records soundtrack. Normally these games have awful soundtracks consisting of shitty rap songs about being good at the particular game in question along with crap stuff like Nickelback or Good Charlotte. If you are lucky, you get Van Halen. Generally it is so bad that I turn it off whenever I can.

But this new baseball game has Belle & Sebastian, Pavement, Malkmus, Interpol, Guided by Voices and a whole bunch of other good bands. I may have to trade in my old baseball game for this one (also because the rosters on the old one are hopelessly outdated). I'd love to hear Papelbon coming in from the bullpen to "Le Pastie De La Bourgeoisie."

No comments: