Tuesday, September 21, 2004

So you are all probably wondering why I haven't been posting as of late - well, I've been running around learning all about what the Dartmouth campus has to offer and also trying to get professors to agree to let me work in their labs. And also, our damn DSL line is down, so all of my home internet use is over dialup. I had forgotten how much dialup sucks...the slow-ass speed, the random hanging up of the modem, and, best of all, that ear-splitting sound made by the modem as you dial in. I know, I could turn the sound off, but some sick part of me actually has a bit of nostalgia for it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

cable modems are the way to go - esp. since i'm landline free. my house is set up for wireless even!
kate

Anonymous said...

Cable modem not available in this part of NH. Also not available: delivery of the Boston Globe OR New York Times! But soon our wireless cards will arrive and we can pick up the Dartmouth wireless network.
-Ann

Jake said...

Damn, you can get Dartmouth's wireless out where you are? Oh, the snobbery of it all.

Dan said...

We think we can get wireless. Not a sure thing, though. We'll find out today.

Anonymous said...

apparently the wireless poaching didn't work...
kate